Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Mullet

Recently, I had to have Carter's hair cut because it has become insanely long. I always make the 45 minute drive to Andrea's salon for a 10-minute haircut (although we usually do enjoy a nice lunch and conversation) and then I will typically head back home.

However, the last 2 times, I have just gone into a nice salon with a good reputation that is close by my home. I hope and pray they will not mess up Carter's precious hair. It really has become his trademark. The first time, the woman was older, larger and more outdated-er (I know that this is not a word- back off!) and I was extremely nervous but I am too nice and I was in too deep to back out. So, she started chopping away and to my surprise, it turned out quite nice.

The second cut, which happened about 1 1/2 weeks ago, I tried to get back into the above mentioned and she was booked the whole day. The receptionist talked me into going to another stylist. She told me she was the best and she was really fashionable and cute. So, I agreed. She was great with Carter and she seemed to know what she was doing. She really went to town with the razor and it looked much more "texturized" (ya like that, Andrea?)than what I would think a 3-year old boy would need. She styled it pretty cute with gel and everything, I paid $20 (yikes) and we were on our way.

As the day went on and Carter's hair began to fluff out, all I could think was mullet. For the next 10 days, no matter how I styled it, it looked like a mullet.

On Sunday, we had a family gathering. Carter ran into the room where Jayson and Andrea were as they had just arrived. Andrea says, "Oh... Carter's hair is sooo... short." I started to laugh and I said, "You mean it is a mullet" She finally admitted that it was a terrible haircut and she should fix it. I ran to my house, got my scrapbook scissors, and she began the transformation.

Here is the before of the mullet.



Here is the beginning of the transformation.



Here is the after... the demise of the mullet.




Yes Andrea, I have learned my lesson. I will never betray you like that again. The 45-minute drive is a small price to pay for "un-mullety" hair.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay honestly I am laughing hysterically! I knew it was a mullet and I knew it was a bad one...but well...Carter's confidence is probably back! I didn't know you went so long with the mullet! You better have learned your lesson!:)

Darcie said...

Um... how come a 3-yr-old boy has better hair than me? I may be calling Andrea here in the near future. He looks cute as always.