Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Valentine... 2nd Year Running

We had a great Valentine's Day this year. Our day went as follows:

9:00am-12:00pm: Cleaned our house. Yes, Carter does his part in cleaning. As you can see already, he was a great Valentine.

1:00-4:00pm: Went to movie theatre to play at the Arcade. We easily spent an hour in there. We did finally go see a movie. Coraline. Incredibly creepy. I don't recommend it at all.

5:00-6:00pm: Our initial plan was to get fancied up and go out to dinner. But Carter was tired and I didn't want to drive out on the cold, wet roads. So... Plan B. I would make a homemade, "special" dinner. Carter requested none else then good 'ol Mac 'n Cheese. The was the last thing in the world I wanted. So, I would compromise. I found a recipe online for a gourmet Mac 'n Cheese and I was on board! We went shopping at the fantastic Harmon's in Fort Union (Really, this place is incredible. A whole entire section devoted to CHEESE in every variety you can imagine). I was also going to pick up some flowers but Carter insisted on balloons. Balloons it was.

6:00-7:00pm: Prepared dinner together. Carter is a great Sous Chef in addition to being a great Valentine. We also set the table with a bouquet of balloons for each of us, plastic champagne glasses and courtesy of Carter- Heart Art hung on the wall. We dressed up in our best Pj's and sipped sparkling cider.

7:00-8:00pm: Enjoyed dinner together and topped it off with Ben and Jerry's ice cream; Half-Baked (lowfat) for me and Phish Food for Carter.

8:00-unknown time: Snuggled on the couch watching movies and dozed off together next to the fire.






A perfect Valentine's Day with my perfect Valentine.

5 comments:

kacie said...

So cute! You are such a fun mom. He is very lucky! Hope you are doing well.

Grandma Marty said...

You and Carter make a darling couple. He's soooo lucky to have you. Love You both.

Darcie said...

Carter is a sweet valentine! I'n glad you two could share such a sweet day together.

It was fun seeing you at Annie's wedding. You're so great!

Christine Anne & Michael Jon said...

You're both adorable Valentine's! Can't wait to try the Mac & Cheese recipe.

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

Hey lady how are ya! loving the homemade hair cut poast. go carter. hope all is well.