Sunday, February 1, 2009

Christmas 2008

I haven't posted in a while now and I have lots of pictures to share- I will start with Christmas!

Christmas Eve, Carter and I rode TRAX train downtown and went to Temple Sqaure! It was sooo fun and really cold! Carter loved the lights and we talked a lot about the temple. We also watched the Nativity presentation. Carter was fascinated! It was a great way to be reminded of the purpose of the Holiday season. I think this will become a Christmas Eve tradition for years to come!




We headed home and picked up some Chinese takeout for our Christmas Eve dinner. This is a tradition we did for a couple years when I was a child and I loved it! Carter doesn't really love Chinese but he really enjoyed the Sweet & Sour Chicken and Fried Rice. I had the Kung Pao Tofu and Potstickers! Yum!





We had a great Christmas morning; The highlights? Carter got a Leapster2 (a educational hand-held gaming system) and I got from Carter a Sonicare toothbrush! What a thoughtful boy, huh? (Thanks Ma!) We went and visited Nana and Papa, then Carter went to his dad's for a couple days. That weekend, we went to visit Carter's Grandma and Grandpa at their cabin. It was beautiful with fresh snow! We had good food, good conversation and a great snowshoe outing! Carter was absolutely spoiled rotten and we had to fill an entire duffel bag chuck-full of gifts! Oh, and Carter got to go on lots of rides on the snowmobile and snowcat with Grandpa!






All in all, Christmas was a happy and memorable time for us!

No comments: