Sunday, February 1, 2009

A traumatic experience...

So it happened. It finally happened. I have been dreading this day and it took me by complete surprise. I thought that I would have a choice but it hit us unexpectedly. Well it hit one of us unexpectedly.

Carter cut his own hair.

He walked out of the bathroom from going potty and he quietly said, "Ma, I cut my hair." I took one look at the big chunk missing from the front of his once gorgeous golden locks and I burst into tears. I think he was completely shocked by my reaction and he started to cry. I held him and stroked what remained of his hair.





"Mama, I will never do it again. I promise."

I tried to gather my composure as I dialed Andrea at 10:30 at night. She answered and I lost it. She asked over and over again what was happening and I managed to choke out the words, "This is really stupid that I am crying but Carter cut his hair."

I had no idea I was sooo attached. The next night we made an emergency trip to Andrea's salon. She cut and sheared away and suddenly revealed a boy. Where did my baby go?

Carter's grandma has not forgiven me for cutting all of his locks off but there was NO way to salvage his hair.

The new 'do is cute but I miss waking Carter up and only being able to see a mound of hair and just being able to run my fingers through his hair.





1 comment:

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

this was the best blog of any blog EVER. oh my gosh...i would have cried too. the little boy just appeared when those locks were gone. i miss carter, hes such a awesome kid. sereously let me babysit him asap.