Sunday, February 10, 2008

Pee Diaries

I was so excited to go to my new ward which I have attended for only 3 weeks now. I dressed Carter so cute. Right before we were about to leave for church, I had Carter sit on the toilet to go potty. Now, if you would've asked me this morning if Carter was potty-trained, I would've answered with a very triumphant and proud "YES!".

So, off we go to sacrament meeting. Right about to the part where they get to ward and stake business, Carter looks up at me with fear in his eyes and says, "Mama, I went potty". I looked down and lo and behold, there is Carter standing in a puddle of his own pee. I quickly grabbed his things, stuffed them in his bag, and bolted outta there!

I was so embarrassed and kind of mad. I took Carter home, put him in the shower (he likes to shower by the way) and quickly chose a new outfit for church from shoes to shirt. As he showered, I was just thinking how angry I was and it occurred to me that its really not that big of a deal. Carter had an accident. It may be too soon to say, but I am sure I will laugh about this later.

We went back to church, which I was not sure I wanted to do, and it ended up being a wonderful day. Carter is asleep right now recovering from the dramatic events of the day. I think I may need to too.

No comments: