Wednesday, February 6, 2008

About 5 years late...


Ok, Ok. So I have finally jumped on the "blogging bandwagon"... about 5 years late. This reminds me of a time I was wearing these really, really hideous shoes that I thought were hip and I asked my friend Emiko (from Japan) what she thought of them. She said in her adorable, broken english, "Oh yes, we wore those about 5 years ago in Japan". Needless to say, that would be the last time I wore my hot pink, platform flip flops. Ughhh... Those were bad. Anyway, I have just decided to live by the motto, "Everyone else is doing it, so why shouldn't I?". Ok, not really.

Where to begin...

I just moved into my new apartment with Carter. It is very cute but very wierd after living in my own house for years. But, still very cute. I even have a fireplace. I love fireplaces. Carter still isn't sure about his new room so he often finds his way into my bed, but I don't mind. It is just like an endless sleepover with a little person. It's fun.

I am still working for Mirabella Beauty, which I still love. I was just recently promoted to Senior Artist & Educator for the state of Utah. I also am working for a company called SkinCareRX, an online retail store for high-end, clinical and medical grade skin care. I do consultations over the phone (also known as "Sales") with various clients. I have found that I am quite a convincing woman. I did begin there as the Customer Service Manager but decided that working 60 hours a week just isn't my bag. So, I cut back to 12 hours a week which is much more my style. I am also doing various things on the side such as Bridal makeup, Fashion makeup and skin care treatments. You can find more information on that by visiting my website at illuminatebycarly.com

Carter is as cute as ever. I know that I am his mother and therefore, I am biased, but seriously, he is stinkin' cute. Here is a list of the Top Ten Best Things Carter Says.

10. When he is told NO, he says: "Maybe later? In a little while? How 'bout tomorrow?"

9. When he has a bowel movement he calls them "tummy aches". For example: "Mom, I had lots of tummy aches in the toilet!".


8. Every morning he says: "Mom, I am hungry! I want Mac & Cheese and some Chockie Milk." Spoken like a true 3-year old...


7. "I am a child of GUY..." Carter's version of the popular primary song, 'I am a Child of God'.


6. "Mom, I love you."


5. "Mom, do you like my blank?" Blank meaning Blanket. Yes, he still has a blanket but he never had a passifier, stopped drinking with bottles at 11 months and started sleeping in a big boy bed at 18 months, SO LAY OFF! Don't go trying to strip him of the last shred of babyhood he has!


4. "Heavenly Father, please bless my blank, my trucks, my cars, my motorcycles... oh and Annie and Jayson!" Just a little excerpt from Carter's bedtime prayers. They seriously can go on forever!


3. Often times, Carter does not just express himself in words, he expresses himself through the movement of dance. Man, that kid has got some killer moves! He does this one thing where he bends back with his hands behind him and then he... well, you will just have to ask him to do it for you. He will. It's amazing.


2. When it is time for Carter to take a nap, also known as "Mommy's Sanity", he will say, "No Mom! It's not 32:56 yet!" He thinks he can read the time. He is quite brilliant.


1. Finally, the #1 Best Thing Carter Says, "Mom, you are so beautiful.", as he strokes my hair.



As you can see, we are happy, healthy and having a blast.

No comments: